* She knew how to fly a plane. Carole started taking flying lessons with her second husband Willis Hunt and got her pilots license in 1941. During World War 2 she flew for the Civilian Air Patrol.
* One of her hobbies was decorating. Carole decorated many of her homes with an Asian theme. She even made her own drapes.
* Carole was very athletic and loved sports. She played tennis, badminton, and golf. In high school
* She could play the piano. Carole had a piano in her living room so she could practice. In 1941 she started taking lessons with renowned conductor Jacques Rachmilovich.
* She filmed several scenes for the 1944 drama Wilson. Her entire part was cut out of the movie before it was released.
* On April 24, 1942 she legally changed her name from Frances Ridste to Carole Landis. She had picked the name out of a phone book in 1936. Her mother Clara started calling herself "Clara Landis".
* She was never nominated for an Oscar. Carole was a presenter in 1944 and caused a commotion at the 1941 ceremony when her slip fell out of her dress.
* Carole hated wearing nail polish. She thought that nail polish looked vulgar so she would only put it on for photo shoots.
* Carole was smart and she loved to read. She was a fan of Ernest Hemingway, Noel Coward, and W. Somerset Maugham. In 1941 Ernest Hemingway gave her a set of autographed books.